Monday, August 13, 2007

Week 9 Thing 21 - Podcasts

Searching for podcasts...
I tried to find some about School Libraries but didn't find exactly what I wanted. I did find one produced by a School Library that could serve as a model if I decided to create one for my library. This podcast consists of book reviews produced by students. Interesting idea.
What I was trying to find and didn't have luck, was a podcast for news specifically about school libraries. I did find LibVibe that seems to center on public libraries but was still interesting to listen to. I added it to my Google Reader.
Hosting a podcast series in the school library would be a job for more than one person. I think it's a good idea to get the students involved. It would also be a good idea to get the involvement of the art department. More and more schools are offering classes on video and audio production. What a great opportunity for a library partnership.

No comments: