Thursday, August 9, 2007

Week 6 Thing 13 Del.icio.us and Tagging


At first I didn't really think that I would have much use for Del.icio.us. Then I thought about the email newsletter that I want to start this year. In the newsletter I will send teacher updates on what's happening in the library and links to sites that I think they would be interested in checking out. I created a Del.icio.us account to bookmark the sites that I will send them in the newsletter. If they delete the newsletter and want to go back to a site they saw there, they can connect to the Del.iocio.us account and check out all of the bookmarks in one spot.


For many assignments, students have to find appropriate print and electronic sources and then share them with the class. I think that Del.icio.us could be used as an online forum for this sharing. It would be especially useful in cases where students have to continually build on what was previously found and discussed in class.
When I used Del.icio.us I found that tagging the sites was a lot easier than I had imagined. I like that the system automatically prompted tags I had previously used and suggested other tags.

1 comment:

Runner said...

I agree! I just went to del.icio.us and found a few uses for it I did not think I would at first. It will definitely help me organize material better than my favorites list does!