Monday, August 6, 2007

Week 3 Thing 6: Flickr fun, mashups, and 3rd party sites

Taking a more in-depth look at Flickr reveals some other tools that can be used at the site. However, for maintaining and publishing my personal photos I prefer using iPhoto. iPhoto has a very user-friendly interface and allows you to make slideshows of your photos. Flickr still looks like a good forum for public sharing of photos, I only see myself using it for professional photos, not personal ones. Although I found the curriculum connections for this "Thing" interesting, I would be more inclined to use a different program (Microsoft Publisher) in the classroom than using Flickr.
Out of the extras on the site that I looked at the one that I thought I might use again was the Flickr Color Pickr. Students may find it useful to lookup pictures that fit the parameters of a particular school assignment.

No comments: