Saturday, August 11, 2007

Week 8 Thing 19 - LibraryThing

I created a "library" on Library Thing. The books that I added are some of my favorite nonficiton works. All of them were pretty popular shared with at least 300 people. I did find discussions about some of my favorite books. It's heartening to know that some of the books that I truly love are appreciated by others.


The books listed under "suggestions" based on the books in my library were all related to just one book on my list. Granted, my library list isn't that long, but I thought there would be at least one suggestion having to do with something else. I did try the BookSuggester tool and that was a bit more helpful in showing boks that might interest me.


When I posted earlier about the difference between blogging on a PC and Mac I believe the source of the problem is the browser I am currently using. When I connect using Safari, the "add a hyperlink" button doesn't appear at the top of the post dialog box. So, I pasted the full URL for my LibraryThing catalog. I'll change it to a hyperlink the next time I'm on a PC. As I've discovered, using these Library 2.0 tools is only effortless if you are using the correct browser. That's a pain.

My LibraryThing catalog

No comments: