Monday, August 6, 2007

Week 1 Thing 2: 7 and 1/2 Lifelong Learning Habits

I do consider myself to be a lifelong learner. I have always looked for opportunities to grow both professionally and personally. The 7 and 1/2 lifelong learning habits provide an interesting overview of how to be a lifelong learner. I have been able to set goals for myself and work towards achieving them. So, I think that the easiest habit for me would be #1 Begin with the end in mind. I do know of specfic things, such as Wikis and Podcasts, that I would like to learn more about. The School Library Learning 2.0 program will be a great opportunity to learn more about these types of technology. The hardest habit for me would be #3 View problems as challenges. Sometimes it is difficult for me to see beyond something that is frustrating. I don't give up when I find something frustrating, I stick with it until I understand it. I just don't enjoy the frustration. But, facing challenges and overcoming them is all part of the learning process.

No comments: