Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Week 5 Thing 11 - Web 2.0 Awards List




I joined the TeacherLibrarianNing. More discussions about SLL 2.0. I lost myself for quite some time investigating the different groups available on Ning. Pretty cool stuff! I also posted my first comment this morning. I like reading what other teacher librarians are doing; that's one of the reasons why I like the professional listservs I belong to so much. They're a great way to stay in touch with colleagues and learn what's going on in the field. The groups on TLN provide another forum for connecting with others and some are just plain fun!


I would be interested in discovering whether or not any school librarians have made a social networking site for his or her school. It's a captivating idea for making the library more interactive. I do wonder how it would be moderated. A blog would also provide a forum for students to respond to posts. Post their ideas on great books or sites.


I looked at some of the other sites on the Web 2.0 Awards List. I saw that Technorati also made the list. I want to learn more about podcasting so I looked at Odeo also. I think I'll have a better idea of what I could actually do with it once I reach the "things" in Week 9.


No comments: